In collaboration with other departments, the Senior Programmer will aim to maintain a high level of technical innovation and code quality. They will look for creative ways to improve existing features, workflows and development processes. This position is based at our Edinburgh offices.
- Working with programmers, designers and artists to implement game features.
- Following direction given by the Lead Programmer to create and take ownership of various aspects of the game.
- Ensure that technical processes are in place that allow for and promote high quality end results.
- Adapting to new languages, technologies and platforms quickly.
- Performing effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines to ensure the game is completed on time and to a high standard.
- Mentor junior coding staff.
- Programming experience on one or more shipped titles at a senior level.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Multiplayer game development experience.
- Experience developing across multiple platforms including console and PC.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of C# and C++.
- Excellent understanding of a number of industry-standard game engines, with particular emphasis on Unity.
- Good knowledge of all areas of game programming.
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented design.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- An excellent understanding of the entire development process.
- A good knowledge of agile project management methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable dealing with staff at all levels of the organisation, as well as with external parties.
- In-depth knowledge of current game trends.
- The ability to solve technical problems creatively and with simple, efficient and effective code