The Senior Artist is responsible in helping on the delivery of the artistic vision. With a strong understanding of what makes games visually appealing, he/she ensures exceptional quality that meets design goals within technical constraints.
- Support the Lead Artist in the overall vision for the game, taking ownership for its timely delivery.
- Diligently create quality work in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment.
- Work closely with all disciplines to ensure that assets are optimised without affecting their artistic integrity.
- Mentor and guide junior artists.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as an artist in the games industry, with 2-3 shipped titles.
- Experience of multi-format game development.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide range of industry art applications, including Maya, 3DS Max, Modo, Z-Brush, 3DCoat, Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Performing effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines to ensure the game is completed on time and to the high standards expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with staff at all levels of the organisation, as well as with external parties.
- A strong understanding of the full development cycle, and knowledge of agile project management methodologies.
- Good technical understanding of game asset creation and its dependencies.
- High level of technical ability.
- Knowledge of current game trends, as well as emerging technology and techniques for artists.
- A working knowledge of PBR materials systems.
- Knowledge of Enlighten
- Experience of Unity realtime lighting solutions.
- Knowledge of modular environment creation.