Serving as the interface between the code team and management, the Lead Programmer is responsible for all programmers on the project as well as the underlying architecture and technical vision for the game.
- Be the champion for technical quality on the game.
- Mentor the code team, helping them develop as professionals and leading them towards excellence.
- Run ongoing critical reviews of the game, providing frequent detailed feedback on direction and ideas for improvement.
- Work closely with all disciplines, iteratively experimenting, balancing and improving processes.
- Previous experience as a Lead Programmer (or Senior Programmer with management experience) on 2-3 shipped titles.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Multiplayer game development experience.
- Experience developing across multiple platforms including console, PC, and mobile.
- In-depth knowledge of C# and C++.
- Knowledge of all areas of game programming.
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, data structures, and maths.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Exceptional understanding of Unity, including user interface, asset bundles, materials and shaders.
- Strong understanding of a number of industry-standard game engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of current game trends and emerging technology.
- Balancing deadlines and resources, prioritising tasks, meeting deadlines, and making tough decisions when necessary.
- A deep understanding of and appreciation for the entire development process, with knowledge of agile project management methodologies.
- Managing internal and external dependencies in conjunction with the other game development disciplines, and adapting work accordingly.