Reporting to the Art Director, the Lead Artist is directly responsible for the look and visual excellence of the game. He/she will conceive the art style and direct the production of all visual assets and materials throughout production.
- Devise – and be the evangelist for – the artistic vision of the game.
- Mentor the art team, helping them develop as professionals.
- Run ongoing critical reviews of the game, providing detailed feedback on art direction and ideas for improvement.
- Work closely with all disciplines, iteratively experimenting, balancing and improving processes.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a senior artist, with one shipped title.
- Previous hands-on line management experience of an art team.
- Degree in art or a related field or extensive equivalent experience.
- A leader with exceptional communication skills, able to motivate and inspire others.
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of art applications, including Maya, 3DS Max, Modo, Z-Brush, 3DCoat, Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Basic animation skills.
- Good knowledge of and experience in multi-format game development.
- A thorough understanding of the game development process and agile project management methodologies.
- A creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of artistic principles across a variety of styles.
- Good knowledge of current game trends, as well as emerging technology and techniques for artists.
- Two titles shipped as a lead artist, with full end-to-end development and significant management experience
- Own unique and identifiable art style.
- Good observational painting and drawing skills.