In collaboration with the Art and Design teams, the Artist creates visual assets for the game including characters, scenery, props and user interface elements.
- Create high quality visual assets in a timely fashion, within the constraints of the project and technology used.
- Maintain a consistent art style for the game and ensure that it fits the game design requirements.
- Able to spot gaps in the current design and provide creative solutions.
- Create assets using an understanding of colour, composition, material properties, lighting, and form.
- At least 2 years industry experience, with one shipped title.
- Experience of 2D and 3D game development.
- Strong ability in Adobe Photoshop and Maya.
- Knowledge of other industry-standard applications, such as 3DS Max and Z-Brush.
- A good working knowledge of Unity.
- Able to contribute ideas on the style of the game through strong concept art skills.
- Self-motivated, with good organisational skills.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the full development cycle, with an appreciation for milestones and deadlines.
- Degree in art or a related field.
- Knowledge and ability in a variety of art styles.
- A basic knowledge of rigging and skinning.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- A passion for making games and knowledge of current gaming trends.