Distant Star: Revenant Fleet
In DISTANT STAR: REVENANT FLEET, you take control of the last remaining ships of a near-destroyed A’kari fleet, and must rebuild your forces as you battle through ancient, galactic battlefields towards a final showdown with the Orthani.
Build your fleet of up to 5 ships (from a choice of any combination of 8 classes) and upgrade their weapons and attachments which give you new and improved skills to use in combat. With hundreds of attachments to choose from, each class has many different possible loadouts.
Combat takes place in small tactical RTS missions that last between 5 and 30 minutes. Enemy fleets scale to always provide a challenge for your fleet and as you progress through the game, things will get tougher still! But don’t worry, you can use Tactical Pause to issue orders to your fleet and ensure you have the upper hand in battle.
Logos, Hero Image, 10 Screenshots, Fact Sheet, 8 Wallpapers
If you would like to request a review code directly, please email press(@)blazinggriffin.com from an email address that can be verified through your channel or publication.
- The game was Greenlit in only 13 days in November 2014.
- The game spent 5 months in Early Access, during which time 11 content and feature updates were released.
- The game is based on the Distant Star universe which was first developed for the 4x iOS game, Distant Star: Classic.
- The game blends fleet based RTS action with roguelike gameplay.
- Each mission is randomly generated and scales in difficulty depending on the size and power of the player’s fleet.
- Priced at $9.99 and is available for Windows.
- Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/335830
- RTS-like combat – control up to 5 ships in each mission.
- Your fleet can be made up of any combination of 5 ships chosen from 8 classes.
- Ships can gain experience and new skills.
- Weapons and attachments can be upgraded with new and more powerful variants.
- Pause combat with Tactical Mode and issue orders to your fleet.
- Ships are disabled in combat – not destroyed. They will become available again next mission but will have critical damage applied to them.
- Critical damage is a negative modifier and can be repaired at repair facilities.
- If all ships are disabled in combat then it’s game over.
- All missions are randomly generated (different maps, layouts and mission types).
- Sectors are randomly populated with story events.
- Each story event can have multiple outcomes that change with each play through.
- Mission difficulty scales with your danger level (how long you spend in a sector).
- Enemy fleet size and strength scales based on the player’s fleet strength ensuring there’s always a challenge.
- Final battle scenario against the Erebus Platform.
- Nominated (Oct 2015) – TIGA’s Game Industry Awards – Original Game & Audio Design
- Winner (Nov 2015) – Scottish BAFTA Game
Distant Star: Revenant Fleet was the first PC game produced by the team here at Blazing Griffin.
Alpha Access to Distant Star: Revenant Fleet was launched on the 12th of November 2014 (via Steam Greenlight and Early Access) and the game moved into Beta on the 18th of February 2015.
The game moved out of Early Access on the 7th of April 2015.
|04 August 2015||v18.104.22.168||Balance changes to the final boss battle.|
|23 July 2015||v22.214.171.124||Balance changes and new attachments.|
|02 June 2015||v126.96.36.199||Balance changes and bug fixing.|
|19 May 2015||v188.8.131.52||Balance changes and bug fixing.|
|05 May 2015||v184.108.40.206||Updated Erebus mission, bug fixing and balancing.|
|21 April 2015||v220.127.116.11||All ships unlocked, combat balancing, AI scaling and bug fixing.|
|07 April 2015||v.18.104.22.168||Enemy fleet scaling improvements.|
|07 April 2015||v.22.214.171.124||New attachments, shops, new ship class and more.|
|31 March 2015||v0.1.3.5||Overhaul of the spawn system, bug fixing and UI improvements.|
|10 March 2015||v0.1.2.2||Upgraded shop & loot system, attachments and UI improvements.|
|26 February 2015||v0.1.1.2||Combat improvements, balancing and bug fixing.|
|18 February 2015||v0.1.0.9||Beta Launch, all content unlocked, save feature, final battle and lots more.|
|10 February 2015||v0.0.4.4||New sectors, new missions, combat balancing and unit experience system.|
|02 February 2015||v0.0.3.4||Minor bug fixing|
|27 January 2015||v0.0.3.3||Tactical Mode, new weapons, new abilities, new missions, agro system|
|13 January 2015||v0.0.1.1||Carrier Ship, new missions, story events and improved loot system, AI improvements|
|17 December 2014||v0.0.0.4||Pirates, improvements to loot system, more missions and maps, bug fixes|
|03 December 2014||v0.0.0.3||Shops, new weapon, improved loot tables, VFX improvements, bug fixes|
|26 November 2014||v0.0.0.2||New weapons, bug fixes.|
|Executive Producer||Peter van der Watt|
|Production Director||Patrick Cowan|
|Marketing Manager||Scott Boyd|
|Art Director||Paul Scott Canavan|
|2D/UI Artist||Searra Dodds|
|2D/UI Artist||Sean McIlroy|
|Technical Director||Jason Kocemba|
|Lead Programmer||Andy Watson|
|Lead Programmer||Mike Enoch|
|Junior Programmer||Graeme Tinsdale|
|Head of Design||Stephen Hewitt|
|QA Tester||Ewan McKenzie|
|Music & SFX Composer||Garry Ferrier|
|QA Consultant||Sean Branney|
|Original Codebase||Mike Enoch|
|Script Writer||Alan McDonald|
|Story Writer||Phil Harris|