A few new features this time around! Let us know in the comments or on the forums what you think.
When you start a new game you will be offered four different difficult settings – Rookie, Regular, Veteran and Elite. The Regular level is the same difficulty as the game was before and the other levels have less enemies to contend with (Rookie) or more (Veteran, Elite).
One of the most commonly requested features from players is the ability to rebind keys as the standard setup we use may be different from what you are used to. You can now rebind keys by accessing the main menu > options > controls.
Weapons & Attachment Stats
And quite possible THE most commonly requested feature from players is the ability to see specific information on each weapon and attachment!
We’re excited to be able to release this today – it’s going to be useful for a lot of players. Having watched loads of Let’s Play videos, we’ve seen plays tend to avoid the more unusual attachments such as the Assault’s Reaver Mode (which is awesome – you should totally try it out!) and favour safer options. Now players will be able to make better choices about the setup of their fleets.
Full Patch Notes
- Implemented a difficulty system.
- Full stats for weapons, systems and support Attachments are now displayed in the info panel.
- Players are now able to rebind keys.
- Added new ‘empty sector events’ that give rewards.
- Added a ship for the Traitor – The Killak.
- Jarrob’s fleet now comprises of mercenary’s instead of Orthani.
- Implemented pre-death warning (pulsing ship panel).
- Blue selection hexagons now appear behind ships correctly when they are selected using ‘F1’ (or whatever you’ve rebound it to because, you know, you can do that now).
- Items in shops now respect the max/min sector availability. Meaning tier 3 items should only appear in later sectors and tier 1 items should appear less in later sectors.
- Tweaked font positioning on the danger level bar.
- Fixed positioning of the ‘Menu’, ‘Credits’, ‘Supply’ and ‘Danger Level’ buttons/bar.
- Refactor of keybindings script to make rebinding of keys easier/possible. Includes addition of alternative keys.
- Changed the no shields asset. Updated the sprite for the no shield icon on the ship Attachment buttons.
- Key press functionality for selecting a ship when multiple ships are already selected now matches that of mouse click.
- Removed fleet level modifiers from game data files.
- Added first pass of modifiers for new Difficulty Levels.
- Updated game data files to have outcomes of battles effect Danger Level.
- Bug fixes and design tweak for Fleet Browser Info Panel items
- Dropped price of Supply to 1000 credits.
- Dropped price of Repairs in Repair shops to 2400 credits.
- Dropped price of Repairs in all other shops to 4800 credits.
- Removed Supply discount from shops.
- Reduced the drop chances of ships as loot.
- Added 3 second timer after killing Hunt target.
- Adjusted scaling for credits and XP.
- Reduced number of drones on start mission.
- Increased the Danger Level scaling per node.
- Rookie and Regular had a slight first sector difficulty increase.
- Veteran and Elite modes made harder.
- Slightly reduced the travel speed of bullets.
- Increased the movement speed of enemy patrols.
- Down-scaled all tier 2 and 3 Attachments.
- Ion beam base damage increased from 9 to 12.
- EMP beam base damage increased from 9 to 20.
- Reduced fire speed of Multi Beam from 0.4 to 0.5.
- Increased damage of Multi Beam from 4.8 to 8.
- Valiant loadout changed.
- Damage Pulse AI improved.
- Breach Beam base damage increased from 9 to 10.
- Starting Credits and Supply reset to 35000 and 8.
- Increased the duration of Destroyer Mode from 10 to 15 seconds.
- Increased the duration of Turtle Mode from 10 to 15 seconds.
- Decreased the cooldown of Destroyer Mode from 50 to 40 seconds.
- Decreased the cooldown of Turtle Mode from 50 to 40 seconds.
- The Killak and Valiant now come equipped with skills equivalent to an Elite ship.
- Tuned down experience again.
- Updated the Valiant’s Attachments.
- Updated the Valiant mission objectives.
- Reduced base damage of Strike Missiles from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Increased base damage of Spider Missiles from 2.1 to 2.5.
- Reduced base damage of Siege Missiles (20 to 17.5), but increased fire rate (every 8 seconds to 7 seconds). (Maintains same DPS)
- Increased base damage of Burst Cannons (0.7 to 0.95).
- Increased energy regeneration of all ships from full energy in 200 seconds to full energy in 160 seconds.
- Increased the number of items that appear in shops.
- Adjusted down how often ships appear in shops.
- Changed chance values for loot and shop population.
- Supply and Repairs can now appear in all shops (low chance, no discounted or bundled Supply).
- A ship may now infrequently appear in Attachment shops.
- Added 3 Supply to starting shops.
- Shops that sell only Repair now give a 50% discount on their wares.
- Decreased number of Drones that appear on the start mission.
- Reduced Fleet Level Modifier to give larger fleets a higher benefit versus enemy scaling.
- Erebus HP rebalance.
- Items can no longer be both scrapped AND installed by exploiting the scrap button on the info panel.
- Difficulty select menu should now show if you have no existing save and also when ‘New Game’ is selected from either the win or lose screens.
- If the targeted ship is destroyed while a ModifierApplying Attachment is playing VFX or about to apply modifiers, it won’t crash.
- Flagship icon is now shown correctly when using the ‘select all’ functionality.
- Tab now moves through ships in button-order rather than order of selection.
- Loot items no longer show a price of ‘FFFFF0’ when replacing something.
- You no longer get asked to confirm if you want to scrap ‘n<Insert ship type here>’
- When replacing one Attachment with another the scrap value shown is now the correct value.
- Fixed a non-loading Quest Event that caused the game to hang.
- Fixed issue where Criticals would not apply properly.
- Fixed issue where pirate assault would only fire straight ahead.
- Enemies no longer spawn inside the environment on Map12 Hunt 2.
- Fixed bug that was causing previous versions of save to be incompatible with key binding.
- Can no longer reassign key bindings after exiting the controls panel of the options menu.
- ‘Show status of all ships’ option now added to controls option pane.
- The ‘select all’ button can now have its key rebound correctly.
- Left and right versions of the same button now function as separate buttons, as combining them was causing too many issues.
- Semicolon now recognised in key bindings.
- Left and right bracket won’t be confused anymore in key bindings.
- Shift no longer used for both shift keys when key binding.
- Event with ‘tired woman’ now gives the repairs she promised.
- Removed link to Alpha Forums present in patch notes.
- Removed icon accidentally added to FleetBrowserAtlas.
- Sound now no longer ducks when Erebus Platform jumps back in.
- Clean up of code checking no supply event placement to be consistent with the quests.
- Attempted fix for ‘(Must stop and charge)’ text not fitting. Text changed to ‘(Must stop to charge)’ and size reduced. This works in editor, needs testing in a build.
- All values in the info panel properties will now round to 2 decimal places.
- Added the ‘s’ in on the end of the reload time in missiles.