Welcome to Beta! With this week’s patch, we’ve unlocked all sectors and the final battle with the Erebus Platform. We’ll post some more information about what’s going to happen in Beta later on, but for the time being here’s the key changes:
Removed Starting Shop Ships
Having all ships in the starting shop was for the duration of alpha so some have been removed now – only the Tech, Lancer and Pulsar are available. The Rogue, Carrier and Dreadnought can be bought from shops or may be rewarded after missions.
All Story Events Unlocked
We’ve added a sizable number of new story events which increases the total number available by around 50%. This should go some way to avoid repetition in multiple playthroughs and also introduces quests (story events that take you across multiple systems) and a mini-boss – The Valiant.
All Sectors Unlocked & Final Battle
Players can now travel across 5 sectors to their final showdown with the Erebus Platform.
All Story Events Unlocked
We’ve added the final story events to the game – let us know what you think about the new content and missions.
Happy days! The game will autosave as you progress or you can save from the main menu.
However, if you save & exit from within a mission, your fleet will gain “phased warp criticals” and the sector map will regenerate. Phased warp criticals are like normal criticals, but can’t be repaired. The choice is your whether you use the feature – maybe you want to escape a tough mission before you die? Your fleet will carry the penalty until the end of the game…
Tooltips are now autogenerated for all weapons and attachments.
Micro storms have been added to the game and are available for the Tech ship – these are smaller (single target) storms which are instant cast (AOE storms have a charge time) and do a higher amount of damage.
Users who reported performance issues with the AOE storms should see some improvement as some enemies will use the micro version. However, the team is still looking at the underlying issue where storms caused lag in some situations and hope to have a solution to this soon.
Significant changes to weapon damage has been made to improve ship resilience and in preparation for more attachments being added to the game in future updates. Changes this patch include:
- New attachments – Patched Repair, Turtle Mode, Disengage and Destroyer Mode I.
- Shields – increased damage resistence on A’Kari shields.
- Weapons – reduced damage of all automatic weapons and sustained damage pulse.
Much of what has changed here is in preparation for our phase of combat balancing over the next few weeks, so we’d very much like to hear your suggestions on this front.
As we move into Beta, keep an eye on the development roadmap for more information about what we’re doing and how you can get involved.
Full Patch Notes
- Added save game.
- Patch notes panel is now in on the main menu.
- Adding in final win/lose screens and a credits button on both of them.
- Added intro video
- Added randomised title screen art.
- Alpha popup removed from end of game.
- Win-Lose screens are now setup along with their new UI. Updated Text in the Lose Scene.
- Added dead Aos.
- Erebus sounds now in properly.
- End game flow improved, no jump button comes up over timer, mission immediately goes to win or lose screen.
- Set timers on Erebus. Battle is bigger and badder than ever before.
- Erebus platform now has a ring of ‘carriers’ rather than a ring of drones. These spawn drones, and do not respawn after a set time.
- Added the correct background to the final mission.
- Added final level background.
- Removed Alpha limit from Galaxy Map
- Adjusted Sector map so that when the final mission is detected instead of ‘exit’ the final node displays ‘Aos’
- Menu Scene updated to include beta disclaimer panel and patch notes panel.
- Updated the starting shop (removed special ships and attachments) and altered the Erebus intro text.
Story Events & Missions
- Activated lots of new events in the Sector files.
- Temporarily deactivated ‘hard walls’ in Escort maps.
- New boss ambush level. Removed extra waves from boss ambush levels.
- New boss ambush map. Valiant balance.
- Moved final mission. Edited Erebus.
- Added chance attribute to the quest tag
- Altered ‘jumps till quest’ so that they trigger in the right order
- Quest event updates
UI & Usability
- Removed tooltip info from attachment description panels. Tooltips for Attachments and Skills are now programmatically generated and feature stat information.
- You can now select the lead ship inside a group selection using the number keys.
- A ‘Select all’ has been added. This can be called via the F1 key or the button for it on the UI.
- Renamed various attachment prefabs.
- Renamed various weapon prefabs.
- Updated flagship icon.
- Adjusted tooltip position.
- Created Micro Storms for both the volatile and Ion storm attachments.
- Added new attachments to shop/loot
- Added Disengage system.
- Added Patched Repair system.
- Added Turtle Mode System.
- Added Destroyer Mode I system.
- Added Akari Gunship (for NPC A’kari) including ship definition, colliders, and set up. Updated gunship size.
- Updated orbital platform to use randomised attachments.
- Changed maximum range for player and AI.
- Added (placeholder) VFX for Erebus warp in, including explosion that kills any non-Orthani ships in the area and a mini-map alert.
- Moved the grey scale setting to the start of the level prior to battle start.
- Made spider missiles look less ugly.
- Added a script to allow the setup of timers with an optional description label beneath.
- Added Akari NPC fleets and spawn lists.
- Added Akari Command spawner.
- Ships will now play their thruster audio when starting to move – this may need an audio balance pass.
- Menu music will now fade out when the intro movie starts to play, then fade back in upon its completion (or skip)
- Created New VFX for the Modifiers, and new materials to go with them.
- Made New VFX for the Disengage Modifier
- Created VFX for the Destroyer Mode
- Created a new VFX for Turtle Mode and added textures/materials for said VFX
- Created firing VFX for the Erebus Platform.
- Torpedo Warning Radius VFX created. And texture plus materials added/created.
- Updated Erebus Core VFX
- Made VFX for Mini Ion Storm.
- Updated Final Mission containing Erebus Platform. Mission can be won or failed. Added Erebus core VFX.
- Made VFX for the Torpedo.
- VFX for the Mini IonStorm created.
- Sprites and materials created for the Erebus platform
- Added the web site social media button icon
- Atlas update for the social media buttons
- Code optimisation has improved framerate.
- Updated fleet separators to be prettier.
- Fleet spawn separators increased.
- Activated EnergyRegenBenefit and EnergyMaxBenefit
- GalaxyMapSector – added DoNotSerialise
- Pause Menu – if mission finished just do a normal save and exit. Don’t save when save and exit in Map (no need)
- FleetBrowser – only save if things have changed.
- Updated objectives panel to not hide when a metagame key was not present.
- Erebus objective updates
- UI panel on Erebus updated.
- BF torpedo AI added.
- Fleet beacons updated.
- Game Logo sprite updated.
- Increased the general damage resistance on Akari shields. Will effect both mobile and stationary shielding.
- Reduced mine activation radius.
- Removed charging from micro storms.
- Increased effect of all storms.
- Reduced damage of missiles to bring them in line with other AOE weapons.
- Volatile and Ion storm generators are now twice as effective.
- Sustained damage pulse increases damage by 50%, down from 100%.
- Fixed bug with sustained mending pulse healing 80 hull per second. Now heals for 10 hull per second.
- All automatic weapons have had their damaged reduced by 25%. Automatic weapons have had their prices changed to reflect this.
- Increased Akari hull damage resist by 5%.
- Tech now comes with Micro Ion Storm as standard attachment.
- Updated random enemy attachments.
- Adjusted attachment ranges for display on tooltips.
- Akari Command Ship now has correct stat values.
- Updated Akari NPC fleets to include Pulsar.
- Gunship replaced with Lancer in Akari fleets.
- Reduced the damage of Photon Blast I by half.
- BF Torpedo has had it’s damage and buy price increased.
- Set Nova Lance I to intended values.
- Orthani benefits updated to new versions.
- Ambush and boss ambush balances.
- Reduced the damage of Orthani and Akari mines.
- Valiant buffed.
- Fix for enemy ‘super fleet’ spawning in — Benefit Manager prefab needed to have its benefits.
- Fixed bug where non-moving ships could try to fly resulting in a divide by 0 error.
- Updated entry text to A’kari sectors.
- Fixed various Event typos.
- Fixed the ship import tool so it didn’t break the game.
- Erebus Platform background rings had lost their references due to a setup change. They now work much more like all the other Erebus components and have their own controller.
- Button on battlefield UI scene had lost links.
- Fixed some scaling issues with both screen prefabs.
- Added a fix for unique events – these should no longer repeat in the Sector maps.
- Fixed stationary shielding error.
- Missile fix for missile amount.
- Removed tiny piece of terrain that was interfering with the Erebus Platform.
- Fixes to Drain criticals.
- Fixed the intro video.
- Fix for social media button icons
- Some save game fixes – fixes the Galaxy Map not serialising properly.
- New game resetting data correctly.
- Save Manager fix for crash when no Save Manager in the scene.
- If caster of Sustained mending pulse is destroyed, the ships being healed should now stop being healed rather than healing indefinitely.
- Main menu fix – camera was off the side of the screen.
- Removed objects layer from main menu backgrounds as they contained references that only existed in the main scene.
You can buy Distant Star: Revenant Fleet on Steam and get involved with shaping the game throughout Beta.