Pirates are here! You can read a bit more about the pirate faction here or you can discover them as you play Distant Star: Revenant Fleet. As you enter each mission node, there’s a chance you’ll encounter pirates, who behave differently to the Orthani fleets you are used to. Pirates are lower tech than the Orthani, so don’t have shields, but are no less dangerous. Pirates can contain a selection of their own custom ships, or versions of any other ship type in the game.
This update adds the pirate events to the game, as well as a number of changes to how the pirate ships work and look.
- Created new mending pulse modifier VFX.
- Got rid of more unused/duplicate VFX.
- Renamed and resized medium ship shields disabled VFX.
- Ships now show charging VFX when manually activated nuke launchers or lasers are present.
- Charging VFX added and prefabs made.
- Edited bloom in maps.
- Updated the controls image.
- Updated the supply icon across the game.
- Created a credits panel for the main menu.
- Added danger level to map scene
- Even non-activatable attachments are shown in attachments bar now.
- Updated the font size on the resources display, and added a text indicator for Danger Level.
- Changes to the Sector Map: Glow pulse removed from current node, glow pulse added to nodes you can jump to, etc.
- Updated Ship HUD buttons and Turned off the waypoint button.
- Changed the Ship HUD Buttons to adjust for smaller fleet size.
- Updates to slicing of Battlefield UI Atlas sprites.
- Added alerts to minimap
- Changed UI metagame keys on missions to be generic.
- Switched on extra capture maps for single objectives
- Added new events
- Updated metagame randomisation.
- Removed energy from structures.
- Various updates to maps (inc map triggers, objectives, layout changes, etc.)
- Shop Mission changed to Feature Mission, added new maps, removed legacy stuff from some of the maps
- Capture pause added to missions.
- Story and Shop randomisation now occurs at the building event list level
- Updated shop odds
- Updated exit sector ‘end node’ event
- Updated drone balance.
- Event data updates for sector data change, change in Objective naming, general text updates
- Removed script from end ship button that adjusted attachment button positions.
- Max fleet size dropped from 9 to 5.
- Pulses now no longer stack, applying a modifier from one pulse should remove any other pulse modifiers.
- Took out camera pan on map zoom in/out in map scene.
- Fix to ship navigation – ships can no longer be forced to fly over terrain by being told to turn quickly.
- Fixed bug where storms would not clear out their applied modifiers at the end of their duration.
- ShipHUD prefab had the health bars shifted up by 50 units for some reason…
- Fixed battle report which has never been displaying criticals correctly.
- Noticed a few sockets had been locked by accident.