Reporting to the Production Director, the Lead Producer will have overall responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within quality expectations of senior management and/or clients
- Key leader/contributor to the development team.
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected.
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Manage the project budget – identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections.
- Managing change – ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
- Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the Production Director and making recommendations accordingly.
- Manage communication of project progress to the Production Director and internal senior management team.
- Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed.
- Ensure that each member of the team has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines.
- Coach and mentor junior production staff.
- Work to improve and update our project development standards, processes and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a computer-related discipline.
- 5+ years’ in a senior production capacity, with extensive management experience and an impressive portfolio of shipped titles.
- A professional project management certification.
- Ability to balance the needs of the team and project with the requirements of the business.
- Exceptional knowledge of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product – both from a business and project-specific perspective.
- Exceptional leadership skills, motivating teamwork, performance and a drive for excellence.