For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Blazing Griffin Ltd will be the data controller in respect of any personal data that you submit to us or that we collect from you when you use our website. We are a private limited company registered in Scotland with company registration number SC404603. Our registered office is at 4 Broughton Market, Edinburgh, EH3 6NU. For more information about us please visit http://www.blazinggriffin.com/about-us/.
- Address: 4 Broughton Market, Edinburgh, EH3 6NU
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The information that we collect from you
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you register with us through our site. This information may include registration information or anonymous website usage data and will be used for improving the performance of the website and marketing communications.
We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us. For example, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or any content or services made available through it.
Any information that you post directly onto our website will be collected by us and stored on our servers for the purposes of making the website and the content contained within it available to our users. We do not collect, store or use any personal information contained in any such posts for any other purpose. Please note that any materials or information that you post directly to our website may be visible to other users of the site. We advise you to be selective about what information you post on the website.
Use of your information
In addition to the specific uses set out in the section above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner;
- to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications, such as information about the website and services provided to you by us at that time;
- to provide customer service in relation to your use of the website, to contact you, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the website and to notify you about changes to our services;
- to develop, improve and personalise the website so as to improve your browsing experience;
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be able to be used to identify any individual user;
- to provide you with marketing communications by post and/or electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) about our products, services, events, special discounts and offers, which you have requested to be sent;
- where you are an existing customer, to provide you with marketing communications by post and/or electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations with you where you have not opted out of being contacted for such purposes; and
- to provide you with marketing communications by post and/or electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) about our other group companies’ and/or carefully selected third parties’ products, services, events, special discounts and offers where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any third party so that they can provide you with, marketing communications by post and/or electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) about their own products, services, events, special discounts and offers, which you have requested to be sent or which may be of interest to you, where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- any third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any services or products that you have requested through the site which may be provided by such third parties; and
- any person to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
You should note that any public elements of the website will be visible to other users of the website anywhere in the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself directly on to the site and only submit information that you are happy to be public information.
Some cookies that we use are necessary for our website to function properly and to enable you to move around the site and use its features. In addition we may also use so called “functional” cookies that allow our website to remember choices you have made in relation to the website so as to provide a more personalised and enhanced user experience.
We may also use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about website use by using cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to the website may be used to create reports about the use of the website and the analytics service provider will also store this information.
Third party content, websites and contributors
Our website may contain content and links to other websites and microsites that are operated by third parties. In addition, advertisements contained on our website may operate as links to that advertiser’s website, and such advertisers and third parties may also use and place cookies on your computer.
Security and data retention
We employ appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access to or any unlawful processing of any personal information about you that we hold. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide any services to you or for a reasonable period or as long as the law otherwise permits.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and although we employ appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data from unauthorised access we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
International data transfers
Our servers are situated in The United States, however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect will therefore be transferred to The United States from any other country in which you may be located and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
We do not transfer personal data collected via our website outside the European Economic Area unless (a) you have consented; (b) it is necessary to provide the services you have requested; or (c) it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
You are entitled to know what personal data we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. In certain limited circumstances you may also be entitled to request that we delete certain information that we hold about you.
If you have any questions about the personal information that we hold about you or would like to make any requests in relation to it, please contact us using the contact information provided above. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request.
You may request that we cease sending you any marketing information at any time by notifying us in writing or following any “unsubscribe” instructions included in any marketing communications which we send to you.